So just what parts of your air conditioning system should be cleaned, and why?
To reply that we have to start at the beginning with a fast look at how it is that the AC system lowers the temperature and humidity in the home.
1. The air handler unit is the main piece of your AC and is usually within the an attic or maybe a closet. We’ll discuss the big thing pointing away from your house later. The nice and cozy air is pulled in to your AC unit over your Return Air Grill (the mattress that provides the filter that you mostly forget to replace). The filter only removes a fraction of the dust and debris entering your AC. Whether it is too restrictive, it won’t allow enough air it really does not have to be drawn in plus your AC can’t keep up while trying to cool your home. And since the common house collects over 40 pounds of dust per year (Discover Magazine), eventually the dirt builds up on the walls no matter what the return air ducts.
2. The air is definitely drawn in by the blower in the main unit and forced through the cooling coils. The cooling coils are chilled through refrigerant that runs through them, and once the air passes over them they remove heat from the air. Also the excess moisture in the air condenses on them a similar fashion the moisture is due to a hot shower condenses found on the relatively cool bathroom mirror, the coils shorten the humidity in addition to temperature no matter the air as part of your home.
3. The cooling coils are tubes that snake back and there are various rows thick, and the fact that they will always be wet makes them a perfect spot for dirt to accumulate. The air you breathe is passing over this dirt, and the more it builds up the more it restricts the air-flow throughout the coils. The dirt also coats the coils, so the air being drawn across them is now in contact the dirt rather than the colder coils. Consequently, less heat and moisture is removed from your air. Less air is passing through your AC, and less heat and moisture continues to be faraway from that air. Your AC has to run longer, more than needed, and utilize higher energy levels to chill your home.
4. After passing through the coils the air enters the plenum box, to which all of ductwork that feed your AC vents is attached. The air flows through the box, into one’s ductwork, and back into your home, depositing dirt and debris along side way.
5. And consider the growing trend outside? It is the condenser coil. When heat off of the air in your home is absorbed via the refrigerant within the cooling coils, the refrigerant flows extended to the condenser coil where, in a sense, the warmth is squeezed from the refrigerant and blown into the air. If you put your pass the fan on the top of unit, you could in fact feel the warmth that is what extracted from your home being blown away. None of the air in your house comes coming in contact with these coils, exclusively the refrigerant. But it is important to keep these coils clean as well as clear of any vines or other vegetation growing too closely, to ensure that the coils can swiftly and efficiently remove heat a little distance from refrigerant to come to your rescue energy and funky your home.
The Value of Air Duct Cleaning
The books is a dirty AC system not only can compromise the air that you just breathe, it can also raise utility bills, put more abrasion on your AC, and produce it harder to keep your home comfortable. You can see from this primer that it is very important clean your whole AC system and also that air duct cleaning alone is just not enough.
Studio City Carpet and Air Duct Cleaning provides quality and outstanding cleaning services across Studio City, CA area. Our cleaning experts utilize primarily the most suitable, non-toxic cleaning agents every time we come up to your burgeoning career or home. Call 818-334-8970